What is eGrants?
The eGrants System is a web-based system for managing DSHS client services sub-recipient contracts. The eGrants will provide self-service web tools to simplify funding application, contract signature, reporting, and communication. The new system also will streamline the payment process and will be virtually paperless. The benefits of the new eGrants will include automated notifications, electronic proposals, e-signature capabilities, streamlined payments, and reporting.
What happened to “My Renewals”?
An update was made to eGrants system on November 24, 2014 that replaced the following tabs: “My Proposals,” “My Procurements,” and “My Renewals” with one tab called “My Contracts.” You will
be able to access all your contracts under this one tab.
What contracts will be renewed with eGrants?
DSHS sub-recipient contractors with a contract renewal start date of 9/1/2013 or later will be performed in eGrants. The exceptions include:
- Women Infants & Children (WIC) Contracts
- Projects for Assistance in Transition from Homelessness
- Training & Technical Assistance Center
- Children with Special Healthcare Needs Services (CSHCN)
- Community Health Services-Primary Healthcare
- Community Health Services-Primary Healthcare-Senior
- Healthy Texas Babies
- Title V Pre-Natal & Child Health
- Kidney Program Contracts
- All Health & Human Services Commission Enterprise Contracting & Procurement Services Contracts (ECPS)
- Mental Health Contracts (FY15)
- Substance Abuse Contracts (FY15)
- Vendor Contracts (FY15)
Who needs to attend training?
There are presently 2 trainings available for eGrants in the training section of this website.
- Contract System Administrator: The main focus of this training session is to provide an overview of the system, including how to register the organization, and what roles will need to be assigned to staff. The training named “Contractor Registration and Roles” is targeted for the Contractor System Administrator (CSA).
- Contract Signatory: The main focus of this training session is to provide an overview of the eSignature process including completion of contract declarations. The training named “Contractor eSignature” is targeted for the Contract Signatory. The Contract Signatory is the authorized person from your organization to sign contracts. The Contract Signatory can be your authorized official or his/her designee.
What else will be rolled out or implemented?
Specific information related to future training dates will also be posted on the eGrants website as more information becomes available.
Where can I get the training?
Training can be found on the eGrants Training page.
Do I need any special equipment?
You will need internet access
You need a computer with an internet browser that is:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 or above
- Mozilla Firefox 2.0 or above
- Safari 5
What happens if I attempt to log in with an incorrect password?
After 4 log in attempts, the system will lock your account for 15 minutes. Clicking on “Forgot Password” and attempting to reset your password will not bypass the 15 minute account lock out.
There are users assigned to my organization that I didn’t setup, what do I do?
For FY14 only, DSHS staff will perform the data entry of your contract renewals and amendments. DSHS staff will be assigned to your organization to perform this data entry. DSHS staff will be identifiable by having a user id starting with a “C” followed by an 11 digit unique number. For example, a user ID could be C12345678911. Their user name is the First Name of the person then a dash and the word Contractor: Example “Ty-Contractor.” DSHS will be assigning them the Contractor Responder and Contractor Signatory security roles. Please do not modify this user; DSHS will remove this user when your contract renewals or amendments are complete.
What is a Contract Signatory?
A Contract Signatory is the Authorized Official or Executive in your organization responsible for electronically signing or eSigning eligible contract renewals and amendments in eGrants. We encourage you to have more than one Contract Signatory for your organization.
What if my Authorized Official or Executive will not be eSigning in the system?
- Your Authorized Official or Executive may designate another individual to actually e-Sign in the system on your organizations behalf.
- We do ask that your organization have documentation from your Authorized Official or Executive designating/delegating signature authority to a specific person in eGrants.
- You do not need to provide DSHS documentation of the designation/delegation, but will need to have it available upon request and/or when contract monitoring is performed.
What if my Authorized Official or Executive will only physically sign or wet sign a contract?
Physical handwritten or wet signatures will be handled on a case by case basis by contacting the DSHS Client Services Contracting Unit (CSCU). CSCU can be reached by phone at (512) 776-7470 or email at CSCU.email@example.com.
How to I add or specify a Contract Signatory in eGrants?
The designated Contract System Administrator (CSA) at your organization is responsible for setting up your Contract Signatory. Please work with your Contract System Administrator (CSA) to establish your Contract Signatory.
What is different between signing a contract renewal versus signing a contract amendment?
There are only 2 differences between signing a contract renewal and signing a contract amendment.
- If you are signing a contract renewal, you will sign contracts in the status of Renewal Contract Ready for Signature on the e-Signature page. If you are signing a contract amendment, you will sign contracts in the status of Amendment Ready for Signature on the e-Signature page.
- Contract Amendments have an extra step where you will review the modification history of your contract. On the modification history, you will be able to track what changed from your original renewal contract to the amended contract. Details on how to do this are available in the quick reference guide under the training section of this website.
How do I request an advance or submit an invoice for contracts in eGrants?
Please continue to submit your monthly invoices (B13’s) and quarterly financial status reports (FSR’s) as you have always done in the past. Should you have questions please contact your Contract Manager.
More information regarding web-based invoicing and payment features in eGrants will be available in early 2014.